The 11th month of the year is an outstanding one
In the Georgian calendar, the calendar that most of the world uses, November is the eleventh moth of the year. However, in the early Roman calendar, it was originally the ninth month. Later, the Roman senate elected to name the eleventh month for Caesar. November is right between fall and winter. Almost all leaves are gone from the tree and lost their colors. The month is referred as the wind month and the bloom month by Anglo-Saxons. It is because November is the month where they killed their animals for food. Those have been harvested in the previous months are either put inside the storage or sent to processing plants or mills. In this month, the farmers will know whether that particular year was successful or not. Because of its beautiful weather, football is the main sport of the month.
Below are some fun facts about November:
1. The birthstone for November is the topaz.
2. The zodiac signs for November are Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) and Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
3. The birth flower for November is the chrysanthemum.
4. On November 2, 1769, a Spanish expedition reached San Francisco Bay.
5. On November 2, 1889, North Dakota became the 39th state of the United States.
6. On November 2, 1889, South Dakota became the 40th state of the United States.
7. On November 2, 1917, Arthur Balfour proposed settlement of Jewish people in Palestine.
8. On November 4, 1979, the U.S. Embassy was taken over by Iranian revolutionaries in Teheran and a group of U.S. citizens were seized as hostages.
9. On November 6, 1869, the first intercollegiate football game was played in the United States between Rutgers and Princeton.
10. On November 8, 1889, Montana became the 41st state of the United States.
11. On November 15, 1935, Manuel Quezon was inaugurated as the first president of the Philippines.
12. On November 18, 1883, standard time began in the United States.
13. Peanut Butter Lovers Month
14. National Good Nutrition Month
15. National Pepper Month
16. National Sleep Comfort Month
17. Aviation History Month
18. Election Day - first Tuesday after the first Monday in November
19. Thanksgiving Day - fourth Thursday of November
20. November 11 - Veteran's Day