During the 1940s, '50s, and '60s, this Australian Labor Party politician served in the New South Wales Legislative Assembly. In the 1950s, he also held the positions of Secretary for Mines and Secretary for Lands.
Before beginning his political career, he worked in the rural bush of New South Wales and later opened and operated a series of Sydney lodges and butcher shops. He was first elected to Parliament in 1941.
After retiring from politics, he transferred his allegiance from the Labor Party to the Liberal Party of Australia.
He grew up in Woodburn, New South Wales, Australia, as the child of a farmer.
He and Abe Landa were both members of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly during the mid Twentieth Century.