Well-regarded pianist and teacher who specialized in the works of Beethoven, Schumann, and Brahms.
He was taught by James Kwast and Clara Schumann while attending the Hoch Conservatory.
He became principal piano teacher at the New York Institute of Musical Art in 1946. The institution would later be renamed The Juilliard School of Music.
He was born in Bingen, Germany, and died in Meran, Italy.
He became a chamber musician with the Schnabel-Flesch-Becker Trio in 1920, replacing Artur Schnabel himself.